Care for Memory at HomeJune 1, 2020
DAY CARE CENTER FOR PATIENTS WITH DEMENTIA IN PATRASNovember 19, 2021
- Title: Care of Dementia in the Community
- Duration:August 2017- July 2019
- Donor: : Stavros Niarchos Foundation
- Website: -
The Public Benefit Association for the Aid and Care of the Elderly and the Disabled - " Frodizo", with the exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, successfully organized from August 2017 to July 2019 the project "Care of Dementia in the Community". The aim of the project was to organize series of actions in the greater area of Patras for the prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
The actions taking place during the program were:
- Home Intervention for families taking care of a person with dementia in Patras by providing mental and physical empowerment services to patients as well as nursing education and counseling to family caregivers to better manage the care of their beloved ones.
- Series of seminars entitled "I educate & care " with the goal of the integrated education of family caregivers on dementia.
- Operation of the "Office of Memory Support", a pioneering structure in Patras that carried out neuropsychological evaluations in people over 55 years old, information on ways to prevent dementia and counseling to family caregivers of people with dementia.
- Implementation of a group for psycho-education to family caregivers with the aim of managing the burden arising from care.
- Informative Actions in the Community for the prevention and treatment of dementia and Alzheimer's disease.