- Title: Day Care Centre for Patients with Dementia in Patras
- Duration: February 2020 – September 2023
- Funding: Regional Operational Programmes (ROP) Western Greece 2014-20
The Corporation for Succor and Care of Elderly and Disabled - FRODIZO" since February 2020 has started the implementation of the Act "DAY CARE CENTER FOR PATIENTS WITH DEMENTIA IN PATRAS" (Code-M.I.S. 5045069) funded by the Regional Operational Programmes “Western Greece 2014-20” under PRIORITY AXIS: 4 “Human Resources Development, Promoting Social Inclusion and Combating Poverty and Discrimination”
In the framework of the Act, the Association is responsible for the implementation of the Subproject 1 entitled: Operation of a Day Care Center for Patients with Dementia (Alzheimer) in Patras - Interconnection Program of Day Care Centre with KAPI-KIFI
- Operation of a Special Day Care Center for Patients with Dementia in Patras: The purpose of the Day Center is the implementation of treatment programs for people diagnosed with dementia, who are in the initial, intermediate, or more advanced stages of the disease. Therapeutic programs are implemented in the groups aimed at the mental and physical empowerment of people with dementia, their mobilization, and the maintenance of their skills and communication skills for as long as possible, along with medication (for those who receive). Particular emphasis is also placed on the prevention, information, education, and psychological support of relatives of people with dementia as well as on raising community awareness on dementia issues.
Staff: Scientific Officer, Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Social Worker, Nurse, Physiotherapist, Speech Therapist, Administrative
- Day Center Interconnection Program with Local Government Structures: The Program connects the Day Center for patients with dementia with Local Government Units for the elderly such as KAPI, KIFI with the aim of interconnecting the above structures (through training actions and on the job training) and the provision of prevention and care services by the professionals of the social services of the local authorities. The action concerns the information and education of the population on the methods of prevention of dementia. At the same time, through the professionals of the program, neurocognitive tests are performed on the beneficiaries of the collaborating local authorities and then relevant intervention programs are designed and implemented.
Staff: Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Social Worker
Opening Hours: Monday-Friday, 08.00-16.00
Address: Fanariou 25, PC 26226, Patra, Contact Tel: 2610240242